Vegetables can benefit your diet in numerous ways!
- Vegetables are generally some of the richest foods in fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
- Vegetables tend to be naturally low in sugar, sodium, and fat. Certain varieties can also be very hydrating due to their high water content, which can range from 84 to 95%.
- Vegetables are also loaded with antioxidants and other beneficial plant compounds that help fight free radicals that damage cells. Diets rich in antioxidants are often linked to slower aging and a lower risk of disease.
- Research consistently shows that diets rich in vegetables may boost heart health and reduce the risk of dying prematurely.
- Eating vegetables may help you lose weight or avoid gaining it in the first place.
- Diets rich in vegetables have been linked to a lower risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Eating a lot of vegetables each day may reduce your risk of certain cancers, and fiber may be the reason why.